From the Vaults (1983)

This is an excerpt of a quartet that got a lot of play in the halcyon days of Marta Renzi & The Project Co. Called Cantata, and originally incorporated into For the Love of the Working (1981), this version is danced by yours truly with Peter Stathas on the Inside/Out stage of the Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival in what was probably the inaugural year of the now venerable I/O series: 1983.

I love how young I was, and how earnest. I also love how intimately and comfortably the audience - particularly the women - seem to engage in what they're seeing. "Human sexuality" in the Berkshires indeed. 

Let me know if you actually make it to this page, and spend some time watching this ancient but still valuable, history. I'd be honored to know that these obscure archives occasionally reach a viewer.

No comments: